My first gratitude journal entry is dated May 29, 2008. Just a few months ago. Since then, my life has changed for the better in so many ways. And all I do is write down a few things at the end of the day that I thought were pretty cool.
Most of the time I repeat the same things such as ‚Äúgreat yoga class, awesome dinner, an email from a friend‚Ä¶‚Äù Simply putting those thoughts down on paper my life has taken on a whole new dimension.
If you doubt the power of keeping a gratitude journal, just look at how my life has changed since June 2008:
- I sleep better. Its proven that keeping a gratitude journal helps you sleep.
- I‚Äôm an early riser. I used to struggle to get out of bed by 7:30. Now I wake up easy around 5:30 without an alarm clock.
- I lost 20 lbs. I‚Äôm much more conscience about what I eat and take vitamins every day.
- I seriously cut back on alcohol. This may not sound like much fun, but without it every night I get so much more done. I also think this is the reason I lost weight, sleep better and enjoy life more. Face it, alcohol is a depressant.
- I run more and do yoga a few times a week. For the first time ever I won a race. I also started doing yoga every day.
- My complexion glows. I attribute this to a better diet, sleep, and more exercise. Before I was struggling with bags, wrinkles and still getting zits.
- My job is going great. I‚Äôm on some cool projects that focus on what I love doing best – designing new things.
- My personal relationships are better than ever. By focusing on what I love most about people, this area of my life has seen the most improvement.
- I started all sorts of great side projects. From a women‚Äôs only investment club to some small business ideas. All efforts to increase wealth and travel time.
Keeping a gratitude journal cost nothing more than an old notebook and a couple minutes time at the end of the day. Try it for a couple months and see how much your life changes.